Sunday, January 24, 2021

Mr. Deformity, Our Snow Man

 

Here he stands in all his dubious glory. So eager were we to see the first biggish snowfall since my children were young that I forgot to bring along a carrot for his nose. I assumed I'd find pebbles for his eyes, but I assumed wrong. I tried leaves, and the poor thing ended up with one eye much higher than the other. Oh, well. Maybe some budding Cubist painter will come along and find him inspiring. On our way home, we found a large indentation in the back of his head, which had been assaulted by falling melted snow . . . no more brain. We decided he now resembled the outgoing POTUS, whatsishame. But our Mr. Deformity is much friendlier. See his funny little head, tilted as if in greeting, his leafy eyes and twiggy nose wagging a hello. He'd hug you if he were able to do so.

2 comments: