Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cancer Lady and Captain Tactful: More Adventures at the Gym

Bald me in my red cancer lady hat was minding my own business on the cross trainer when who should appear but Mr. Foot-Firmly-Fixed-in Mouth, yet again--he of the gracious comments such as "You've gained weight! But, uh, you look good!" 

Fixing me with his customary look of shocked displeasure, he said, "Oh, you are wearing a hat? Did you lose your hair? Are you healthy?"

"Three guesses," said I.

"But you--did you remove your hair? That's uh, a nice hat."

"Three guesses," said I.

He wandered off with a very puzzled expression. 

I upped my limit on the cross trainer, did all my exercises, and headed home thinking "oy, is this the dating pool?" I think I won't get my toes wet.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if you are in the market for another husband, but years ago I compared it to finding a rent-stabilized apartment in Manhattan: Just tell everyone you meet that you are looking.

    PS: I was introduced to my husband (P'70) by an office colleague and he came with (after a few strategic moves) the RS apartment (5 rooms, 2.5 baths, great views) we have lived in for 30+ years.

    ReplyDelete