Sunday, September 24, 2023

Trodelvy Hair Loss, or Call Me Tufty

 Yes, that's what's left--some tufts in odd places, and if you've seen the Kenneth Branagh version of Frankenstein, you remember Bride Elizabeth after her transformation, when the ambitious young doctor and the monster are fighting over her:


I now share her hairdo--actually, she has a tad more hair than I do. On the upside, my face is more symmetrical. 

I hear some lose eyebrows, eyelashes, even nose hair--one guy said, "it's always dripping" since there's nary a hair in his nostrils. 

But somebody else got to keep her eyebrows and eyelashes! Me, I'll carry on with the mascara as long as I can. I must say, I like everything about this drug but the hair loss. I had no side effects, and for a week or longer after my second infusion I felt no sign of that slightly crawly feeling . . . as if a tiny creature or two had taken up residence in my scalp and decided to tickle each follicle. Combed my hair like always and it felt normal. Starting to imagine the hospital pharmacy had made some mistake (just given me saline!) I was almost relieved when, toweling off after a shower, I wondered where all that hair on my face was coming from. Oh. My head. 

But I'm going to the gym and my tap dance class. A symptom dogging me since my Ibrance days, sudden breathlessness, has disappeared. I actually have more stamina. This stuff is supposed to attack only cancer cells, as opposed to slaughtering other cells who just happen to be in the neighborhood. Maybe the treatment's working? In any case it's nice to have plenty of energy--I can use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment