Thursday, February 27, 2020

News Item: Trump Uses Five-Syllable Word!

"Inappropriate," the first word of more than three syllables that POTUS has ever enunciated in public, is the one that ought to be branded across his forehead. Why's he using it to  undermine the smartest women on the supreme court? He's counting on his base knowing that word, liking that word, feeling empowered by that word. It goes a long way, that desert island word.  If I could choose only one word to describe the gangster in the oval office, "inappropriate" would do. His imperial ambitions. The latest plague has an uncannily appropriate name for the crown he wants on his head. Oedipus. We're living a myth: when the king is sick, the land is sick. The Fisher King. Shakespeare's Richard II. All far better men than he who shall not be named. Watch this--and wouldn't it be great if we could wave our wands, shout "Riddikulus" whenever the POTUS below emerged from his lair and turn him into a stuffed animal?

2 comments:

  1. It has been a tough week here in the US. Mayor Pete dropped out. Elizabeth Warren dropped out, Mayor Bloomberg, who would have been an amazing president, got out, too.

    Joe vs Bernie vs Trump? Can I just pull the covers up over my head and only read books on my Kindle Fire? And then some of the thousands of books in our apartment...

    FWIW, I often order from Amazon Prime Pantry, with delivery in 2 days. My buying today was restricted to 3 items per customer for items I usually buy by the dozen, and get delivered to my front door. Costco also delivers, and they were out of many items I usually order.

    Our pantry is deep and well supplied, as our our freezers, so we won't starve.

    Walking around Manhattan looks normal, with few people wearing masks, but I am told restaurants are losing business and closing left and right. Our local Vietnamese restaurant has closed. SAD, and according to our son who lived in Vietnam for a time, teaching English, my pho is not as good as the 50 cents a bowl stuff he bought on the streets of Hanoi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just lifted my head from the pillow and told myself to get out of bed, and I will do so as soon as I finish typing this. We can't get toilet paper here! I just ordered some from the German Amazon and it won't be sent until it's available. We do still have at least a week's supply . . .

    ReplyDelete