Friday, May 8, 2020

Gorgeous Garbanzos

Yes, beans again, but these beans are so pretty. I'd always enjoyed chick pea salads with any old thing we had around--chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, scallions, oranges, but I settled on this version since one of my kids didn't want raw onion in the salad. You will need:

Olive or canola oil--any oil you like. Not butter, though.
Red onions
Scallions
Cherry tomatoes 
Oranges
Limes (Lemons will do)
Balsamic vinegar

Heat oil in a pan, add chopped red onion and scallions:
While these colorful aromatics are sizzling, juice an orange or two, and add the liquid to the pan. Same with the lime or two:
Swimming in orangey-limey juice

Rise and drain the cherry tomatoes and add them:
After that, drain and rise the garbanzos and put them in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder. Pour in the tomato-scallions-red onion mix. Slice and add chunks of oranges, zap in some Balsamic vinegar, taste. You might want a bit more salt. Enjoy!

Worthy of Some Women's Magazine!



2 comments:

  1. Some of your recipes look good. Is there a way you can make them printable, or am I supposed to have a laptop in the kitchen covered with grease? I have an enormous collection of cookbooks acquired over many years, but when I want a recipe on short notice, I Google the ingredients I have on hand and often come up with something good.

    I also look at the kitchen/housekeeping/decorating sites aimed at 20 somethings who never learned to cook, clean or run a household. Some of their insights are useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous. I don't know how to make my recipes printable--but I do the same thing: I Google the ingredients I have on hand, and come up with something good. For this one, I glanced at a few chick pea salads in hopes of finding one I'd loved from some low-carb diet cookbook I can no longer find: that recipe had chunks of orange mixed in with chick peas--also, I think, cucumbers. Couldn't find that, so took what I had plus what I remembered plus some of what I found, and voila!
    I park my laptop on top of a table in my kitchen--so as to avoid grease.

    ReplyDelete