Friday, September 30, 2016

I Voted For Madame Clinton Today: Everywoman's Wish

Everyvote I will go with thee
and be thy guide,
In thy most need to go
by thy side.
 
It's September 30, and I've inked in the ovals for a straight Democratic ticket. I've re-folded the paper and placed it in the brown envelope requiring my signature--I've signed the envelope--I've placed that envelope in the mailing envelope, added a Priority Mail stamp and every magical thought I can summon: pagan prayers, vaguely Christian prayers, desperate desires: Please, little vote, make your way to New York and be counted! Who knows what accidents await your travel, what nefarious deeds.  I took my envelope to our local post office, handed it to a sweet old postal worker who looked as though he would, if he were an American citizen, vote for Hillary.

Americans Abroad:  SEND IN YOUR VOTES FOR HILLARY CLINTON!

No comments:

Post a Comment