Friday, April 30, 2021

Muscling Through: My Shoulder One Week After My Second Vaccination

 

I thought my shoulder was getting better just because I could use a pepper grinder again, and even my cross trainer. It's not agonizing anymore, but it's painful. And look how high the shot was given--right into my shoulder.

Is my shoulder supposed to look this bad eight days after the vaccine?

The first time around, the very careful young doctor gripped some skin several centimeters lower and slid the needed in--I barely felt it. No, I didn't have the impression he squeezed the skin in such a way that the shot went into a layer of fat instead of my deltoid muscle--he seemed merely to be steadying the area for the shot.

The second time around the way the shot was given made me think of a skewer impaling some meat being prepared for barbecuing.

I'm no medical professional, but I have a hunch the second doctor wasn't all that careful. I keep telling myself that as long as he went through muscle before hitting what felt like bone, I'm probably more protected against corona virus, but I'm so ignorant of the musculature of the human body that I can't absolutely be sure. So hey, medical students--if you come across this blog, kindly let me know. In the vast array of German holistic and Chinese herbs and medicines, there's probably something out there for bruises. Not a steak, thanks. I can't see slapping something that's ministered to my shoulder into a frying pan, and I'm still too worried about Mad Cow to consume steak. 

Spring has come, I have seven more days until full immunity probably sets in, and I'm immensely relieved to have finally been given the shot. This is just an appeal to those who administer it to be a little more mindful of other people's arms and shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment