Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Critical Mom's Favorite Translation

At REAL (Ray-al), the German version of Whole Foods (or its poorer cousin) where I find plenty of delicious (and far more reasonably priced) vegetables and meats, plus a variety of pastas and olive oils, I came across the following on a multi-lingual plastic pack of those big tortilla-like things that you can make Börek with. In a small New York apartment you could use one as a tablecloth. In a pinch, as a baby blanket. In any case, you can roll up cheese, avocado, meat, veggies, or a side of beef in them. Here's what the English translation said:

Please moist before use. Put the pastry leaf in a pan in a way that the edges survive.

I'll make sure they not only survive, but thrive! I am also advised to:

Fill the middle this small cut sausages, the cut paprika, and the rubbed Gouda cheese fills.

Rubbed Gouda as opposed to massaged Gouda?

Mix in a separated pot the egg and the 200 ml milk and pour over the filling. Pool the surviving edges so that they cover the middle. Lets it 15 min. in the refrigerator and afterwards fries with some fat. Serve warmly.

I always serve warmly. I never serve in an unfriendly fashion. Whoever was in charge of accuracy took the day off, but I will enjoy vegan, vegetarian, and meat versions of this recipe. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good, plus it's time for lunch here. Must see what's in fridge that I can put in a tortilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! And do remember to moist before use and let the edges survive!

    ReplyDelete