1. A Mormon friend just called to invite me to her baby's blessing and delivered this enchanting tidbit: "None of the Mormons I know are voting for Mitt Romney." Her mother seconded the motion, adding "I don't trust him."
2. Home schooled children are sought after by American universities: universities find that they are far better prepared than other applicants.
3. The German title of "Bringing Up Baby" is "Leoparden küsst man nicht" (One Doesn't Kiss Leopards).
4. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
5. Obama's favorite book is Moby Dick. But he has read all the Harry Potters, and can bench-press 200 pounds. (about 91 kilos)
6. There are over 300 kinds of bread in Germany, and gummy bears were invented by a German.
7. The United States has no official language--even though English is the language of government.
8. The first soup ever made was hippopotamus soup.
9. Buckingham Palace was built in 1702 on the site of a brothel.